SPORTS REVIEW TODAY

SALAH & AGENT SLAM EGYPTIAN FA
In a statement released on Twitter, the Liverpool star has questioned why the Egyptian Football Association continue to ignore his messages  

Mohamed Salah has demanded answers from the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) as his row with the country's governing body continues.

Salah has spoken out against the EFA in the past, with the problem stemming from an image rights issue earlier in the year . Last month, EFA executive manager Tharwat Sweilem dismissed talk of an issue with the player , after Salah said there "needs to be change" with the national team .

Salah is due to be back in international action under new coach Javier Aguirre next month, with Egypt facing Niger in a 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.

But his participation in that fixture could be in doubt as Salah questioned the EFA on social media on Sunday.

"It's normal that a football federation seeks to solve the problems of its players so they can feel comfortable," Salah wrote on Twitter. "But in fact, what I see is exactly the opposite. It is not normal that my messages and my lawyer's letters are ignored... I do not know why all this [is happening]? Do you not have time to respond to us?!"

MIGNOLET: "IT'S STRANGE THAT LIVERPOOL LET KARIUS GO BUT NOT ME”
Simon Mignolet has been left frustrated by Liverpool's decision to deny him a loan move while allowing Loris Karius to join Besiktas.

"Karius' transfer changed nothing for me," said Karius. "I've always been clear: I want to play. Whether I'm No.2 or No.3 doesn't matter. Playing time is the most important thing. I haven't been told anything since Loris left. I don't know what my future with Liverpool looks like. We shall see what happens this week."

"I find it strange that Karius was loaned out, while I also had options for a loan. But for some reason that wasn't possible. A keeper who was made first choice ahead of me last year gets to leave on loan. Strange."

Mignolet has not played a competitive game for Liverpool since late-January, having been dropped from the first-team for Loris Karius halfway through last season.

The Belgium international seemingly has no way to claim the No.1 spot back following the summer signing of Alisson from Roma and hoped he would be allowed to leave before the transfer window closes.

LOPETEGUI EXPLAINS COURTOIS ABSENCE
Real Madrid head coach Julen Lopetegui said he will decide his goalkeeping situation on a game-by-game basis after star signing Thibaut Courtois was made to wait for his debut again.

Talking about Courtois spot on the bench, the coach said, " It's not a situation that's easy to understand but it's simple enough to explain. I've got some really good options in goal and there are no problems in that area. We'll decide what's best for each game. Keylor got the nod today and did very well. There's great competition and that makes us stronger in the goalkeeping department. I've got some thoughts in my mind, but I'm not going to share them."

"Over the course of the season, I'll look for solutions to solve the next immediate challenge."

Courtois swapped Premier League side Chelsea for European champions Madrid in a £35 million (€37m/$45m) this summer.

DORTMUND COME FROM BEHIND TO MAKE WINNING START
Axel Witsel scored with a bicycle kick as Borussia Dormund came from behind to kick off their Bundesliga season with a 4-1 victory over RB Leipzig.

Witsel - a close-season acquisition from Tianjin Quanjian - had already scored on debut in the DFB-Pokal on Monday and further endeared himself to the club's fans as they got their league campaign under way. Jean-Kevin Augustin gave Leipzig the lead in the opening minute, sliding a shot beyond Roman Burki after a defensive mix-up by the hosts.

However, Mahmoud Dahoud pulled Dortmund level 20 minutes later when he adjusted his body brilliantly to head home a left-wing cross.

Marcel Sabitzer headed into his own net to hand Dortmund the lead five minutes from half-time, and Witsel's overhead kick from close range made it 3-1 at the break.

The second half looked set to pass without another goal being scored until Marco Reus capped off a counter attack by slotting past Gulacsi in stoppage time to record his 100th Bundesliga goal.

MARCELO SURPRISED BY SUBSTITUTION IN MADRID WIN
Marcelo's withdrawal in Real Madrid's 4-1 victory over Girona came as a surprise to the veteran left-back, who said he did not have a physical issue.

Madrid head coach Julen Lopetegui substituted Marcelo on the hour-mark, the 30-year-old Brazil international replaced by centre-back Raphael Varane in Sunday's La Liga victory.

The substitution caught Marcelo off guard at Montivili as he told reporters post-match: "I was surprised by the substitution but I respect the decision of the coach, I wanted to continue because I felt 100%. We are on the right road and I am sure we are going to improve with each game. We played well today and we got the three points."
BAYERN RULE OUT SIGNING COMAN REPLACEMENT
Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has confirmed that the club won't sign a replacement for injured winger Kingsley Coman.

"We will do nothing more," he said. We are committed [to the current squad] but no player [Coman] for three months."

Coman was injured during Bayern's opening game of the Bundesliga season – a 3-1 home win over Hoffenheim on Friday.

The winger is expected to be out for three months after undergoing ankle surgery over the weekend.

This means that all the links to Antony Martial have been quashed and also rules out Paris Saint-Germain winger Julian Draxler, and Leon Bailey, joining the club, with both having been linked with a move to the Bundesliga champions.

SHARE